Blood and Tacos issue 1 is pretty awesome folks.
You can read it for free at bloodandtacos.com
Alternately, if you want a copy you can save and keep forever and ever, it is for sale on Amazon for a whole dollar. $0.99 cents of glory.
In a nutshell, it has a series of short stories that are written to appear as if they were long lost relics of the manly man era of pulp fiction. You know the time frame… we are talking chest hair, mullets, cheesy one liners, blood, fist fighting. All the things that make a Charles Bronson film awesome and the Joe Don Baker movie “Mitchell” so damn terrible (awesome).
Current issue includes work by Gary Phillips, Matthew C. Funk (what a name), Johnny Shaw, and lots of other awesome authors.. Each story is written as if the author “Found it” in an archive. Check the About page of the site for more details.
There are no unicorns here, unless they are fighting against a grizzly.
The men don\’t cuddly, they fight fuck then flee, leaving behind a trail of broken hearts and breathy breasty women.
Blood and Tacos is what it sounds like. Two kick ass things that are awesome alone, but together could be disturbing or double awesome.
Not enough for you?
How about some pulp reviews from bygone days?
Jimmy Callaway from the Criminal Complex posted a review for ‘Penetrator: Mankill Sport’. Issue 14 of the Penetrator was essentially a rip off of ‘The Deadliest Game’, and Jimmy’s perspective is pretty good on the matter, and i envy his copy of this book. I would read this book based on the cover alone.
What I find interesting is that though Jimmy picked up on a loose feminist leaning in part of the book, he failed to mention that:
- The book title looks like a penis. actually, it is more like a callidescopic cock trap.. the more i star at it, the hard it is to look away, and the less the letters look like letters… Is that even a word? No.. It’s a cock.
- The center figure is holding a phallic spear, Machine gun = penis!
- A bear on the cover (read man on man grizzly love?) ‘Nuff said
- The woman on the cover may not actually be a woman.
But if she is, she will be penetrated.
- One of the main characters,Johnny Utah, shares a name of a Keanu Reeves character in Point Break.. Which was also a very manly man movie, probably written by someone who read this book.
Blood and Tacos.
Get on it folks. This shits awesome :)
Free if you wanna read it, a buck if you want a fully formatted digital copy to keep.
No idea if archives will remain on the website…. It is unclear, or i am blind.. both are possible.